Cathedral of Saints Peter and Paul (Bristol)

HOME フォーラム クラメン様用BBS Cathedral of Saints Peter and Paul (Bristol)

  • このトピックは空です。
1件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 1件目 (全1件中)
  • 投稿者
    投稿
  • #38894 返信
    reed35i107
    ゲスト

    <br>
    <br>Cathedral of Saints Peter and Paul (eng. The Cathedral Church of SS. Peter and Paul) – Catholic Cathedral of the Diocese of Clifton and the See of Bishop of Clifton. Also known as Clifton cathedralas it is located in the Clifton area, Bristol, England. The first cathedral, built in accordance with the reforms of the Second Vatican Cathedral. In 2000 it was included in the list of II * degree architectural monuments.<br><br>Bristol also has an Anglican Cathedral.<br>StoryProkaphedralny Cathedral<br>Prior to the 1791 Catholics Aid Bill, in Britain were prohibited from building churches, and Catholic priests were arrested and sentenced to life imprisonment. By the time of the Catholic emancipation in 1829, Bristol Catholics had organized makeshift chapels, some in private homes, and in Clifton, through a third party, acquired land in what is now Park Place. In 1834, construction began on the church, complicated by the fact that the site was located on a hillside. Due to difficulties in the construction, the work was stopped in 1835, but resumed 8 years later, in 1843. Soon after, work ceased again, and the unfinished building remained abandoned until 1848, when the dilapidated building was covered with a roof so that it could be used as a church. Two years later, in 1850, the Diocese of Clifton was formed, and the church was designated the Procathedral Cathedral of the Holy Apostles (1850-1973) and remained so until the erection of the Cathedral of Saints Peter and Paul.<br><br> Nave<br>Building<br>The parish raised about £ 250,000 to rebuild the cathedral, but in 1964 the Council of Civil Engineers declared the Park Place site unsuitable for the cathedral. Then several local residents anonymously donated another 450 thousand pounds to buy a suitable land plot.<br><br>The Second Vatican Council, which met in Rome in 1962-1965, introduced a number of changes to the liturgical service. In particular, now the divine service was ordered to be performed not towards the altar, but towards the flock. The innovations greatly influenced the design of the new cathedral, and, upon completion, it became the first cathedral in the world to be designed in accordance with the new liturgical requirements.<br><br>In 1965, Bishop Joseph Rudderham of Clifton commissioned Ronald J. Weeks, Frederick S. Jennett, and Anthony Poremba of the Percy Thomas Partnership to design the cathedral. Although the firm did not have much in ecclesiastical architecture, Ronald Weeks had previously tendered for the construction of Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral and was working on a new Catholic church in Machinlet.<br><br>The construction of the cathedral in the style of modernism began in March 1970. The total cost including land and all costs was £ 800,000. The foundation stone was laid on September 26, 1970; a copper time capsule was placed under the stone. In May 1972, construction was abruptly interrupted due to a national builders strike and resumed only in September of the same year. In the spring of 1973, Parish Priest Thomas Hughes, Father Peter Harrison, and Ken Murray held the traditional „Rafter Party” ceremony.<br><br> Concrete structure of the nave vault with acoustic baffles and „hidden” windows<br><br>Construction was completed in May 1973. In the same year, on the day of Peter and Paul (June 29), the new was consecrated and opened. The ceremony was attended by John Carmel Hinan, Archbishop of Westminster; twenty-nine bishops from all over Great Britain; Joseph Rudderham, 7th Bishop of Clifton; officials from the Bristol City Hall; Italian and Belgian consuls; architects and builders responsible for the construction of the cathedral; and the Anglican bishops of Bristol, Bath and Wells and Salisbury. The Pro-Cathedral was closed, and proceeds from its sale went to the opening of a new parish school for St Peter and Paul on in Clifton.<br><br>On the outer wall of the tower to the right of the portal of St. Paul and depicts the symbol √3 and the letters PTP [Percy Thomas Partnership], enclosed in an equilateral triangle. This is a reference to the mathematical formula that Ronald Weeks used when designing.<br>

1件の投稿を表示中 - 1 - 1件目 (全1件中)
返信先: Cathedral of Saints Peter and Paul (Bristol)
あなたの情報:




Maximum file size allowed is 9 MB.



Add another file